For the Hobie sailors attending the Hobie 16 Worlds we have some important news and updates.
The most important news is the boats are built and, on the beach, waiting for you. The following news and information will help you sail through the registration process smoothly.
After you enter the Club de Vela La Ballena Alegre approximately 15 metres on the left side, you will see two large Hobie flags. This is the location for the registration office.
The registration hours are:
|Monday, 12 September 2022||14:00 – 17:00|
|Tuesday, 13 September 2022||11:00 – 13:00 & 14:00-17:00|
|Wednesday, 14 September 2022||11:00 – 13:00 &14:00-17:00|
|Grand Masters, GG Masters, Women’s, and Youth|
|Saturday, 17 September 2022||11:00 – 13:00 & 14:00-17:00|
|Sunday, 18 September 2022||11:00 – 13:00 &14:00 – 17:00|
|Tuesday, 20 September 2022||11:00 – 13:00 & 14:00-17:00|
|Wednesday, 21 September 2022||11:00 – 13:00 & 14:00-17:00|
|Teams seeded for Semi-Finals|
|Friday, 23 September 2022||11:00 – 13:00 & 14:00-17:00|
|Saturday, 24 September 2022||11:00 – 13:00 & 14:00-17:00|
|Teams seeded for Finals|
|Saturday, 24 September 2022||17:00 at the Cut Party|
- The first question you will be asked is about third-party liability insurance. If you have valid insurance, great you can proceed. If you don’t you can purchase onsite at the Info centre.
- Each competitor under 18 years old on 15th September 2022 must bring the original signed document from their parent or guardian to the registration. This is a legal requirement and without this original signed form, we cannot allow you to race. Notice of Race 5
- Every sailor is required to be a member of a Hobie Class Association. Each region is supplying us with their current membership. We are sorry but if your name is not on the list you will need to pay to be a member of the Hobie Class at registration. Notice of Race 4 and IHCA General Rule 26
- Sailors are required to bring their personal flotation device (PFD)/life jacket that meets the requirements of IHCA General Rule 8.1 with them to registration. Notice of Race 12
- If you don’t meet the minimum crew weight required by IHCA Hobie 16 Rule 7, you must bring your own crew weights to registration. It is your requirement to supply the weights as the organisers will not be supplying any weights. Notice of Race 12
- We also require a photo ID for the boat deposit to collect the boat deposit.
- The compulsory skippers meeting will be held 1 hour after the closing of registration on the last day for that series at the stage area near the pool.
Skippers Meeting times
- 18:00 Wednesday, 14 September 2022
- Grand Masters, GG Masters, Women’s, and Youth
- 18:00 Sunday, 18 September 2022
- Open: Qualifier
- 18:00 Wednesday, 21 September 2022
- Teams seeded for Semi-Finals
- 18:00 Saturday, 24 September 2022
- Teams seeded for Finals
- During the cut party Saturday, 24 September 2022
We can no longer add crew names or take any registrations online this will all be done onsite now. It will be an easy process and we are set up to do this quickly.
We have daily videos and photos showing the progress of the boat building and also of the fabulous hosting location Club de Vela La Ballena Alegre.
It is all happening at Club de Vela La Ballena Alegre and we are all waiting for you.
|Social Event Calendar Info|
|Please see the calendar of social events during the Hobie 16 Worlds. If you would like to attend a social event for a series that you are not competing in you are able to purchase tickets at the Gelateria up to 24 hours prior to the event. Please see the prices below.
H16 WORLDS PRESS CONFERENCE
SERIES 1 OPENING CEREMONY TAPAS
SERIES 1 PRIZE GIVING CEREMONY & DINNER
SERIES 2 TAPAS
SERIES 2 PRIZE GIVING CEREMONY & DINNER
SERIES 3 TAPAS
SEMI FINALS OPEN QUALIFYING CUT TAPAS & CASH BAR
FINAL 48 TEAMS SEMI FINAL CUT TAPAS
FINALS PRIZE GIVING CEREMONY & DINNER